Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Breuer House-In-Jeopardy

Here is the picture from the email.  This is the Cape Cod Modern House Trust


http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Breuer-s-Wise-House-In-Jeopardy.html?soid=1107749317077&aid=IDjC4znl36I#fblike

I received this email and knew right away I need to help Cape Cod Modern House Trust.
This is the letter I wrote to the Wellfleet Historic Review Board to support the preservation of Modern Homes in Cape Cod

To the Wellfleet Historic Review Board and all others concerned,

Please include me and my family in support of preserving the the Breuer House. Please do not demolish any more of the architect's work.

I understand that Wellfleet HIstoric Review Board can delay demolish of the parts Breuer House.  
Please consider the future  --   Consider future architects, students artists, designers etc.
I am very interested in the keeping the Modern Homes on Cape Cod and protecting the amazing history of that architecture on the Outer Cape.

I am a graphic designer and am currently in art school for an additional degree.  The amount I have learned already from the Kugel Gips house and reading about so many artists that lived in Wellfleet and Truro areas has expanded and enhanced my knowledge and design work.  I have been working in as a 3D artist and use the plans from many of these homes as the base for new ideas in creating spaces in 3D. The layouts were created for these homes were way ahead of their time and valuable to the architecture of today and tomorrow. 

These homes are a treasure to the region that has not be truly identified to the community.   I share information I have learned from the many examples of modern architecture and the artists that created the designs with my peers, fellow students and family.

Each year my family spend our time together in the Wellfleet, Truro and Providence. When we are lucky enough to be there I am studying the design, art and architecture. I am a member of
the Cape Cod Modern House group and an amateur 3D architect designer .

Julia McHugh and my husband Robert McHugh
Graphic Design, MITRE Corporation
Game Art & Design Student Arts Institute Pittsburgh.

34 Champa Road
Billerica Mass 01821

This summer or maybe as early as this spring I want to go to 
Jack Hall's, Hatch Cottage, Bound Brook Island, Wellfleet Mass 
http://ccmht.org/hallhatch2.html



No comments:

Post a Comment