Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

ICA Institute of Contemporary Art Boston


Friday night was a great night in Boston on the seaport! So many nights I have dreamed of going to the ICA and visiting the art, such as Dr Latka and many others. I was unable to attend. Friday was the night.
The ICA was completed in 2006, by Diller Scofidio & Renfro of New York. It has a cantolever style for the basic structure. I am attaching a couple of pics I took with my phone and a nice picture that I have been looking at for a few months.
The museum surprised me, the open lobby with a huge mural. The large elevator made me want to return again just to have another chance to ride it. We went up to the top floor and it was great, huge and confusing. The major artist I keep thinking about is Sheppard Faire
y. His work is very impressive.
http://www.icaboston.org/exhibitions/exhibit/fairey/
The other was some sculpture in 2d using the walls and the ceiling. I was impressed and it gave me a good feeling to explore the space it was resting.
The media room was excellent, fabulous view at night. I am looking forward to coming again in the day to see the harbor and the beautiful harbor and seaport.

No comments:

Post a Comment